Media Manager (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
Closing Date: 22 October 2021
Working in the Media Centre you’ll be part of a busy team who manage content, broadcast, and archive workflows for STV. This role will primarily focus on cataloguing and curating content produced by the News team, supplying and managing archive, supporting enquiries and research, and working closely with the other Media Managers to provide a high level of service to all our stakeholders.
- Maintaining the News Library, particularly the News Avid Workspace, creation of timelines in Avid of the day’s events, managing storage, and uploading archive content to STV’s MAM (Media Asset Management) system.
- Creation of meta data, detailed tagging, and cataloguing of content to allow retrieval and use across the business, on all platforms, with a focus on News content created in Glasgow.
- Answering enquiries from News, Studios, STV Player, and other key user groups and providing an excellent level of research, archive footage, and accurate information.
- Working with the News teams, Media Managers across all STV News sites, and the Footage Sales Executive to ensure valuable content is retained to allow future exploitation.
- Ensuring that all News content retained has pertinent rights and copyright information available in the Media Library database and MAM.
- Providing support for all areas of STV’s Media Management functions and working in accordance with STV’s metadata and Content retention policies.
- Assisting with STV’s long term archive digitisation and Content Preparation function.
- Assist in any other aspect of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
- Degree qualified in Librarianship or Information Management or equivalent is desirable, or demonstrable experience of working in Media Management within a broadcast or digital environment.
- Knowledge of Avid software and using a MAM or CMS (Content Management System) regularly is preferable.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with others to meet broadcast deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail when processing large amounts of content.
- Confident communication and ability to liaise effectively with users.
- A good understanding of and an interest in Scotland’s news and current affairs agenda.
If you feel you have the relevant skills along with the enthusiasm for our industry and award-winning brand, we would love to hear from you. To apply please send a covering letter explaining why you think this job is for you, and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - when submitting your CV, please state where you saw the position advertised.
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 25 days paid annual leave and 9 public holidays per annum, with the option to buy more through our Holiday Extras scheme.
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
- Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket travel loan.
- On-site occupational health service.
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
Closing date: 6th October 2021
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled people (including neuro diversity) and those from a lower socio-economic background.
As a Disability Confident employer and are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the role.