Closing Date: 24 March 2017
You will be heavily involved in the configuration and execution of automated test scripts and will contribute to overall continuous improvement within the QA team. You will also be involved in manual development testing across STV’s multiple digital platforms including mobile, web, and connected TVs and games consoles.
This role would be ideally suited to a QA professional who has demonstrable experience of app automation testing and is looking to develop further in this area.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Configuration, execution & maintenance of automated test scripts across the STV digital products.
- Undertake ‘hands-on’ functional and regression testing across the broad range of STV digital products and platforms ranging from Smart internet-connected TV’s, set-top boxes, games consoles to tablet devices and smart phones.
- Create and contribute to test plans/test scripts as necessary.
- Adhere to the test/defect management processes.
- Effectively communicate defects to the development team and work with the development team to ensure efficient resolution of these defects.
- Reviewing requirements – wireframes/UI designs, focussing on testability and identification of test cases and expected results.
- Participate in Scrum meetings (e.g. planning, daily stand up, review and retrospectives).
- Assist in any other aspect of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
- Practical experience of automation test script creation and execution.
- Demonstrable experience of testing mobile apps and web applications – across multiple browsers & platforms (iOS & Android) is essential.
- Practical knowledge of Agile development test design methodologies and techniques desired.
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently whilst ensuring quality of testing at all times.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrable passion for technology and ensuring consistency of quality in every development project.
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy, only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com