Business Development Executive
Closing Date: 12 March 2017
Commercially focussed and creatively led, STV Commercial are in a truly unique position to be representing market leading platforms across the Scottish Media Landscape. On Air, On Line and On Demand we need to be the first choice for advertisers large and small. This role is solely focussed on finding new business and growing revenue across the STV Family of brands.
Our local channels are dedicated solely to reporting and celebrating the stories, characters, voices, organisations, places and events that make up life in the Cities of Scotland. These channels reflects life in the city and all that it has to offer while providing an opportunity for local businesses to promote themselves on air and online to a Glasgow audience at affordable rates.
STV is also Scotland’s biggest digital company offering Scottish audiences a rich mix of news, sport, and entertainment across multiple platforms including Mobile, Desktop, and Smart TV’s.
The successful candidate will be responsible for growing revenue across several key advertiser categories by discussing the needs of a wide variety of businesses and presenting the benefits of advertising through the STV Family of brands
You will report directly to the Senior Business Development Manager and the role requires successful achievement of monthly and quarterly revenue targets.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about on air and online advertising, is capable of developing strong relationships with direct advertisers through regular sales presentations and negotiations, and who can provide a creative approach to delivering client led, cross-platform sales solutions that demonstrate a clear understanding of individual client needs.
You will be accustomed to working to targets and deadlines in a commercial sales environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and experience in a media sales environment is preferred, including developing sales data to create client proposals.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills to present and liaise effectively with colleagues, internal and external stakeholders.
- Creativity and tenacity in new business development.
- Driven approach and use of own initiative, highly motivated to deliver against targets and overcome challenges.
- Strong organisational, planning and administration skills.
- Strong IT skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and the internet.
- Full, clean driving licence required.
The successful candidate will work with one of Scotland’s leading digital teams in a professional and driven environment where innovation and idea generation are genuinely welcomed and expected.
To apply please email a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications only applicants shortlisted for interview will receive further correspondence. Should your application not be shortlisted we thank you for your interest in working at STV.