Closing Date: 26 April 2017
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Broadcast Engineer to join our Network Operations Centre (NOC) at STV. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a high level of engineering and operational support across our broadcast systems and digital platforms and to provide technical advice and expertise to the wider business.
- To support all broadcast and broadcast IT systems within the Central Technical area, reacting to system failures in an appropriate manner and prioritising response according to business criticality.
- NOC operations to support vision circuits, satellite downlinks, IP connectivity and communications across Transmission playout, News, Regional Offices and our Online digital services.
- To interpret and diagnose system issues reported from a range of sources including our Network Management System (NMS).
- To liaise with manufacturers and product specialists effectively to minimise service disruption.
- Maintain system documentation and drawings and write up procedures for operational staff.
- Share information with the wider team and provide a mentoring role.
- Reporting to the Broadcast Systems & Engineering manager on major issues.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline, or have strong demonstrable equivalent knowledge and experience.
- CCNA or similar IT network qualification desirable though not essential.
- Experience in a broadcast engineering environment.
- An understanding of IP networks.
- Have a good understanding of SDI in an HD broadcast environment.
- Operational experience of satellite up/downlinks.
- Appreciation of DPP standards and checks.
- Experience of file-based operational environments – encoding, transport and storage.
- Telestream Vantage and Pipeline experience advantageous.
- A keen desire to learn new skills and technologies.
- Willingness to carry out projects end to end including documentation and training.
- Ability to work under pressure with a calm and diagnostic approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Demonstrable Project management skills.
- MS Office, Visio, Autocad desirable.
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts to support our 24 hour operation including some nightshift working.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.