Business Development Executive
Closing Date: 14 May 2017
STV Commercial has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Executive to join our Commercial team based in Glasgow.
Commercially focussed and creatively led, STV Commercial are in a truly unique position to be representing market leading platforms across the Scottish Media Landscape. On Air, On Line and On Demand we need to be the first choice for advertisers large and small. This role is solely focussed on finding new business and growing revenue across the STV Family of brands.
The successful candidate will be responsible for growing revenue across several key advertiser categories by discussing the needs of a wide variety of businesses and presenting the benefits of advertising through the STV Family of brands
You will report directly to the Business Development Director and the role requires successful achievement of monthly and quarterly revenue targets.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about on air and online advertising, is capable of developing strong relationships with direct advertisers through regular sales presentations and negotiations, and who can provide a creative approach to delivering client led, cross-platform sales solutions that demonstrate a clear understanding of individual client needs.
You will be accustomed to working to targets and deadlines in a fast moving sales environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Commercial awareness and experience in a media sales environment is preferred but not essential.
- Driven approach and use of own initiative, highly motivated to deliver against targets and overcome objectives.
- Tenacity and creativity in a new business development environment.
- <span sans-serif;"="" arial,="" 10pt;="">Resilient and always on the look out for the next big opportunity.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Developed understanding of client need and what drives their business.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills to present and liaise effectively with colleagues, internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to strike up and develop relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Strong organisational, planning and administration skills.
- Strong IT skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and the internet.
- Full, clean driving licence required.
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.