Digital Marketing Executive
Closing Date: 26 May 2017
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Marketing Executive to join our Marketing team at STV. Using various digital and social platforms, this role will help drive the existing digital marketing and engagement strategies to deliver the KPIs for STV’s digital and programming strategies. Building on our position as Scotland’s leading digital media business. You will be working at the heart of one of the most recognisable brands in Scotland in an exciting and fast-moving media environment.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Responsibility for the day to day execution of key marketing campaigns across a range of digital channels, including paid search and social media advertising platforms.
- Working with the Marketing team to ensure all digital marketing creative, copy and messaging is co-ordinated and consistent with other marketing activities.
- Work closely with the Development, Data and Research teams to ensure appropriate tracking and reporting in place for all campaigns.
- Measure the effectiveness of digital and social activities and audience behaviour to support internal initiatives.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports for the business.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a Marketing related discipline.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of digital marketing principles, platforms and techniques including paid search and social media.
- Strong writing skills.
- Social media analytics tools, principally Facebook and Twitter but also management tools such as Tweetdeck, Social Bro and other appropriate reporting tools.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting social media trends.
- Strong analytical skills and high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrable experience of working with Web Analytics.
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in all MS Office applications.
- Self motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A positive and proactive attitude to manage a high volume of work and conflicting priorities calmly and effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in community management/engagement.