Closing Date: 28 June 2017
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Vision control including camera line-up for multi-camera studio operations.
- Operation of robotic studio cameras in a fast moving environment.
- Knowledge of basic studio lighting techniques including checks and maintenance.
- Video server play out and recording.
- Basic sound knowledge.
- Studio graphics play out.
- Safety ensuring the studio floor and gallery are safe workplaces.
- Quality checks of pre-recorded and live material for transmission.
- First line maintenance of gallery and studio equipment.
- Log and rectify faults and quality control issues, compile a quality log of all material transmitted.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- HND/Degree in Television Operations or Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Relevant experience of broadcast operational disciplines gained in an operational live television gallery environment preferred.
- Demonstrable understanding of Avid newscutter preferred.
- Informed interest and understanding of video/audio equipment is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and accurately within a live television environment.
- Self-motivation and strong interpersonal skills required to build productive relationships with colleagues, internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Confident communication and ability to liaise effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Determination and drive to succeed and to overcome obstacles.
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and Internet.
This role will require the successful candidate to work on a shift pattern which may include evenings and weekends.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.