Back End Ops Developer
Closing Date: 21 July 2017
Essential skills & experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of programming languages – PHP is preferred however experience in Python, Ruby or Java will be considered.
- Experience of MVC frameworks such as Symfony2, Zend Framework 2, Rails, or Django.
- Sound knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Experience of working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Devops and configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet.
- Experience of working on high-traffic, large-scale web applications.
- Good understanding of Agile development processes.
- Experience of working with and building REST APIs.
- Working with version control systems such as Git or Subversion.
- Solid understanding of web technologies and web development trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self motivated and the ability to maintain a high standard of quality whilst working to strict deadlines.
- Pro-active attitude and willingness to constantly refine and enhance our products.
- Evidence of team working and supporting and sharing knowledge with team members.
- Test-driven development using PHPUnit or a similar unit-testing framework.·
- Behaviour-driven development with Cucumber, Behat, or similar.
- Search services such as ElasticSearch or Solr.
- Proficiency in using and troubleshooting Linux.
- Hosting on cloud computing providers such as AWS.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a Computer Science or related degree.
- ITIL Foundation experience or certification
- Experience working in a Dev Ops team
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.