Design & UX Lead
Closing Date: 07 July 2017
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Design & UX Lead to lead STV’s Product Design and UX team. This role will help shape and influence the future of our digital products and service and the growth of our consumer base. The role will be responsible for the delivery of high quality digital design and UX support across all of STV’s digital services including web, mobile and beyond (SMART TV’s and consoles).
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate must be able to balance both business and consumer goals to help shape the direction of a product’s development. You will have the ability to enable the wider team to empathise with consumer needs with the aim of building better, more consumer focused services across our entire digital portfolio.
You will be the driver behind the development, implementation and upkeep of tailored product strategies. The ability to synthesise and communicate research to the development team, as well as business and product stakeholders is vital. We want UX’s role and influence to grow within the Company as a whole and the successful candidate will have the desire to make this happen.
Additionally, you will be responsible for leading and supporting a team of Product & UX Designers therefore you will require to demonstrate experience of successfully leading a team or a desire to take on this responsibility.
• Deliver high quality products across all of STV’s digital services, from minor design fixes to full redesign projects.
• Provide design & UX support to help drive towards company objectives on consumer engagement and acquisition.
• Proactively develop and enhance the teams existing process with a desire to enhance collaboration both within the team and the wider business.
• Incorporate consumer feedback and data into design; collect key information from UX and Consumer Insights to include in a consumer-centred design process.
• Put the consumer first; strive to understand and empathise with our consumers and put them at the heart of the design process and new product ideation.
• Continue the evolvement and enhancement of our Service Experience Model and support the wider Product Development team bring this into their everyday practice.
• Work collaboratively with Designers, Developers and Product Owners to develop user experience solutions in an agile delivery environment.
• Take ownership of the development and delivery of the user experience strategy and delivery, including, but not limited to, customer interviews, persona creation and maintenance, experience mapping, user flow development, user testing planning & strategy and multi variant testing.
What we’re looking for from you:
• Demonstrable experience of operating as a leader in design and a strong collaborator with internal and external stakeholders.
• Evidence of product ownership, not just producing designs but equally comfortable in managing and directing wider business relationships.
• An understanding of the design process, from research or requirements gathering, through to delivery. This includes understanding the user, sketching, wireframing, prototyping and producing high quality designs.
• Sound commercial awareness and understanding of the demands of a modern media company.
• Self motivated with the ability to manage own workload and that of the Design team.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; adaptable and a good team player.
• A strong passion and understanding of the value of UX and involving real people as part of the design process.
• A strong interest in typography, colour and layout.
If you have any of the following, even better:
• Knowledge of CSS, HTML and JS.
• Experience of Agile working and Lean UX principles.
• Knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative suite and prototyping tools such as Principle.
• Research and evaluation skills.
• An understanding of successful content strategy.
• Service Design knowledge, especially early stage implementation.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been searching for we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the anticipated high volume of applications only applicants who are short listed for interview will receive further contact in relation to this vacancy.