Features Editor, STV2
Closing Date: 13 July 2017
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is confident they have the knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to take a key senior role in a team delivering hundreds of hours of original programmes each year, managing a highly motivated, creative team and leading them into the next phase of the channel’s development.
Reporting to the Head of Programming, the Features Editor’s key responsibilities include;
- Managing the STV2 features team.
- Working with the Head of Programming to deliver the schedule requirements in line with the company’s strategy.
- Working with the programme producers to provide creative and editorial leadership.
- To contribute to the development of the editorial strategy for the channels.
- To continue the editorial and technical development of the teams and programmes.
- To work with the Head of programming to develop new ideas, formats and talent.
- Liaising with other departments across STV to deliver the company’s corporate goal.
- Manage cost control and working to tight budgets.
Key skills and experience:
- Previous senior production and broadcast experience, preferably with live studio included.
- Experience of line management.
- Experience of delivering volume content with tight deadlines and budget (either in news or features).
- Strong editorial instincts, a strong understanding of storytelling and comfortable exercising editorial judgment to take creative risks to deliver distinct content.
- Track record of planning, producing and sourcing content.
- Experience of budget control.
- Experience of modern, mobile journalism production techniques.
- Proven ability to take a creative and innovative approach to production.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability and energy to inspire and work with a motivated, creative team.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a live broadcast environment delivering 24/7.
- A real interest in pushing the boundaries of production, incorporating and working within a more digitally based environment.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note due to the anticipated high volume of appplications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.