IT Applications Specialist
Closing Date: 29 September 2017
The IT function at STV strives to ensure that our technology and systems run efficiently and helps develop new processes in response to changing business requirements.
The IT Applications team support and develop our core business systems alongside our Single Customer View environment developed in emerging Big Data technologies.
Within the team the successful candidate will work closely with business users and gain an excellent opportunity to further develop their skills whilst working in a dynamic media environment.
- Support and ongoing development of our Single Customer View environment underpinned by emerging Big Data technologies.
- Support of our key business systems (Finance, HR/Payroll and Resources) and the databases and interfaces that underpin them.
- Ad hoc development of web front-end database applications with a view to improving business processes.
Skill and experience:
- A good working knowledge Relational databases using SQL, especially within MSSQL, Postgres, MySQL platforms
- Ability to write complex SQL statements and ability to design database schemas
- A background in development
- Ability to develop using visual studio, with proven ability to write applications, services and websites in vb.net
- Experience of VBA, XML, json and web services
- Good problem solving skills, with the ability to understand basic users requirements and convert into a working systems
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases. Experience of Couchbase N1QL would be an advantage
- Experience of using/developing ETL’s routines with preferably Talend ETL.
- Good understanding of Finance and HR / Payroll systems
- Experience of working with and supporting data visualisation tools such as Tableau
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.
Interested in this role? Send a full CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org