Closing Date: 24 October 2017
An opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic team delivering the Scottish Children's Lottery. As the Service Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the lottery platform as well as the delivery management of future enhancements to the service.
Based in Glasgow this is an ideal opportunity for someone who has some technical support experience and is aspiring to be a service manager. You will be a quick learner and problem solver who loves challenges and are willing to take ownership of tasks and followed them through. Extensive experience is not essential as you will be learning on the job, but a can-do attitude and willingness to learn is a must.
- Day to day management of the Scottish Children’s Lottery website
- Triage and resolution of incidents briefed from our Contact Centre
- Effective routing and escalation of incidents that require advance support skills in a timely manner
- Function as liaison between internal and client application users and the platform provider as necessary
- Contribute and utilise existing documentation, websites, FAQs, Wiki, and Forums to resolve incidents and share knowledge
- Document process steps for the resolution of known application issues
- Act as a product owner for the service and manage delivery of change requests with the provider
- Perform regular trend analysis to identify ongoing issues and service improvements
- Perform User Acceptance Testing on new releases
- Checking the website is working as intended daily
Skills and Experience
- Basic knowledge of SQL and willing to improve on it
- A high level of common sense
- Good technical and non-technical communication skills
- Ability to take technical ownership of issues or deployments with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Being able to identify and solve problems quickly with appropriate follow up
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Experience of managing third parties and external stakeholders a bonus
To apply please email a full CV & cover letter to email@example.com
Please note, early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received; only those candidates shortlisted for interview will receive further correspondence in relation to this vacancy.