Closing Date: 27 October 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Producer to join our STV2 Team. The producer is responsible for the planning, preparation and production of a wide range of STV2’s programming, including; the channel’s daily live magazine show “Live at Five”, The Edinburgh Festival, sports, history and arts strands. If it’s going on in Scotland, it’ll be covered on STV2!
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Work within the existing group of producers to deliver STV2’s programming commitment.
- Produce the daily STV 2 entertainment and features programme “Live at Five”, working effectively in a live production gallery and demonstrating an original, confident editorial approach.
- Work within budget to produce creative content for live and pre-recorded programming strands.
- Deliver core production objectives including but not limited to, maximising the impact of live location reporting, delivering polished package reports, ensuring the creative use of graphics/visuals as a story-telling tool and achieving the maximum contribution from programme presenters, social media and studio guests.
- Take appropriate editorial decisions on programme content, demonstrating a highly developed news sense, the ability to handle key stories and develop engaging features.
- Take charge of coverage on location for outside broadcasts as required.
- Work closely with news, sport, entertainment and digital team colleagues to ensure successful delivery of content across multi platforms.
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety hazards and controls.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable depth of production experience in producing live programmes and a proven track record in constructing features, entertainment and news stories that deliver engaging programming.
- Evidence of developed skills in a live production gallery, including the ability to balance competing priorities, remain calm and to reach the right decision under pressure.
- Basic camera and editing experience preferred.
- Demonstrable leadership skills including the ability to effectively motivate and develop teams, manage budgets and deliver programme objectives.
- Determination and drive to succeed and to overcome obstacles, including strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and build productive relationships with colleagues, internal departments and external stakeholders.
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.
Interested in this role? Send a full CV and covering letter to: email@example.com