Closing Date: 20 October 2017
Key responsibilities will include:
• Devise, write and produce on-air promotions and promotional campaigns across all current and developing relevant platforms, to brief, to deadline and on budget.
• Originate great ideas, across all approaches, from graphics and VT based proms, to full original shoots.
• Contribute creative ideas to the wider Promotions team.
• Liaise as appropriate with STV's presentation, transmission and on line teams in addition to working with ITV in relation to the delivery of network promotions.
• Contribute to the smooth running of the team and the operation of the department.
• Support and suggest new product development across the business, generating new ideas and increasing digital revenues to deliver KPIs.
• Assist with any other aspect of the work of the company as reasonably required.
Skills & experience required:
• Proven experience of producing full range of promotions for a mainstream broadcaster.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the role of TV promotions in audience and brand building in addition to audience ratings.
• Clear understanding and commercial awareness of the media market and all marketing platforms.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills to present and liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong organisational and planning skills, ability to work to deadlines and adapt to ever changing workload priorities calmly and effectively.
• Demonstrable passion for all areas of media, marketing and promotions and motivated approach to deliver innovative and engaging campaigns.
• Ability to take a brief, research and source material and work on quick turnaround when required.
• Sound editorial judgement and an understanding of Ofcom regulations.
• Ability to direct shoots.
• Excellent copy writing skills.
• In depth knowledge of post-production, audio, VO and graphics.
• Experience of dealing with contributors (actors, voice over artists, personalities and presenters).
• Experience of sourcing and direction of VO artists and actors in VO booth, in studio and on location.
• Experience of effective use of music, (ideally including commissions) and understanding of clearance.
• Ability to contribute to major promotional initiatives and to inspire others in creative forums – and to push the boundaries in proms making.
• Experience of operating basic interplay is preferred but not essential.
• Knowledge and experience of MS Office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Full, clean driving licence preferred but not essential.
To apply, please send a CV and showreel/link to email@example.com
Early applications are encouraged. Please note, due to the anticipated high volume of applications only those which are short listed for interview will receive further correspondence in relation to this vacancy.