Closing Date: 15 December 2017
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic designer to join our Digital Design & UX Team who will help us shape the future of our digital products and services.
The successful candidate must be able to balance both user and business goals to help shape the direction of a product's development. You will have the ability to enable the wider team to empathise with user difficulties with the aim of building better, more user focused services across our entire digital portfolio.
Working as a member of the Product Development team you will help to deliver high quality digital design and UX support across all of STV’s digital services. This includes web, mobile and beyond (SMART TVs and consoles too).
What you’ll be doing:
• Help to deliver high quality products across all of STV’s digital services, from minor design fixes to full redesign projects.
• Incorporate user feedback and data into design: Collect key information from UX and Consumer Insights to include in a user-centered design process.
• Put the customer first: Strive to understand and empathise with our users, and put them at the heart of the design process and new product ideation.
• Provide design & UX support to help drive towards companywide objectives on customer engagement and acquisition.
• Assist in other aspects of the work of STV as is reasonably required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent communication skills: friendly, adaptable and ability to work well within a small team.
• Self motivation and ability to self manage projects and deliver work to required deadlines.
• Ownership of designated projects, not just producing designs but also comfortable handling the wider business relationships too.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the design process, from research or requirements gathering, through to delivery. This means understanding the user, sketching, wireframing, prototyping and producing high quality designs.
• A strong interest in typography, colour and layout.
• A sound understanding of how to handle both user and business requirements to ensure end results reflect both.
• An understanding of the value of UX and involving real people as part of the design process.
• A good commercial awareness and an understanding of the demands of a modern media company.
• Good HTML and CSS skills and can work collaboratively with developers.
If you have any of the following, even better:
• An understanding of UX principles, as well as the implications of cross platform design. Not just responsive web, but apps also.
• Experience of UX activities (e.g workshops, interviews, focus groups), and applying everyday UX processes (e.g personas, experience mapping, user creation).
• Knowledge of Agile working and Lean UX principles,
• Adept with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite & prototyping tools such as Principle and Invision.
• Research and evaluation skills.
To apply please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com