Closing Date: 26 January 2018
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Day-to-day production and media management of original video content for STV 2 demonstrating attention to video quality.
- Self-shooting quality video content for broadcast and digital channels, on location shoots or events as required.
- Using broadcast cameras and DSLR technology, package and edit programmes/long form interviews for studio broadcast from STV2’s live gallery in Glasgow.
- Strong editorial sense and understanding of what makes a story and how to present a story engagingly to an STV2 audience.
- Ability to produce content to tight deadlines.
- Set up such filming, ensuring necessary permissions are in place and with due regard for health and safety.
- Assist in live programming as required.
- Package material from the STV archive and current schedule.
- Retrieve content effectively from media manager and research potential archive content from the STV library.
- Help drive traffic to video via social media.
- Digitise rushes and complete required paperwork for compliance purposes: consent forms, music reporting details.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- HND/Degree qualified or equivalent in a related discipline preferred.
- A proven track record in self shooting quality video content operating camcorders, DSLR cameras, desk-top editing and demonstrable passion for programme making.
- An established user of social networking, video-sharing and community-based forums and demonstrable experience of using them to drive audience interaction.
- Demonstrable experience of desk-top editing. Preferably knowledge of Avid Newscutter / Media Composer editing systems or similar.
- Ability to develop original and innovative ideas for video content.
- Ability to write accurately, grammatically and with attention to detail.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills to liaise effectively with colleagues, internal and external clients at all levels.
- Determination and drive to succeed and overcome obstacles.
- Possess excellent IT skills with proven experience of working with CMS and video-publishing systems.
Please include a link or show real (max 3 minutes) showcasing previous shoot edit experience.
Early applicaitons are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.