Closing Date: 13 February 2018
STV’S award winning flagship news programme STV News brings live, comprehensive and up-to-the-minute coverage to over 4.5 million viewers across Scotland each week.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Video Journalist to join our Inverness News team. The Video Journalist will assist with the production of daily news bulletins. You will be responsible for delivery of off-diary video news gathering to continue our focus on producing more locally produced news coverage.
• Generate ideas for stories/features and following leads from a variety of sources.
• Research, collate evidence and information to support stories using relevant information sources.
• Preparation of scripts for packages and bulletins which adhere to legal guidelines.
• Conduct both live and recorded interviews.
• Delivery of enhanced video acquisition using a DV camera and other equipment to record and edit packages for broadcast across multi platforms.
• Operate on specifically-scheduled newsgathering to produce approx 3-4 off diary news stories per week with a view to continued enhancement of locally focused coverage.
• Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
Skills & Experience:
• Demonstrable related experience gained within a broadcast environment is essential.
• Experience of producing content for multi platforms.
• Experience of live reporting is desirable.
• A basic understanding of camera technology as well as sound and lighting techniques for single camera operation.
• Ability to file stories and edit video footage whilst on location.
• A strong and developed news sense, with the ability to handle major news stories, develop original news features and overall to deliver agenda-setting journalism
• An original approach to journalism with the confidence to develop innovative new ways of covering the news agenda
• Enthusiasm for developing an online presence through our digital platforms and the use of social media
• A detailed knowledge of the Scottish news agenda and the law as it affects Scotland
• Ability to act calmly, remain resilient and adaptable in the face of rapidly changing circumstances.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills to liaise effectively with colleagues, internal and external clients at all levels.
• Driven approach and use of own initiative, highly motivated to deliver against deadlines and challenges.