Front-End Development Team Lead
Closing Date: 09 March 2018
Reporting to the Head of Product Delivery, you will be responsible for managing a team of Front End and Mobile Developers providing technical and team leadership to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget. You will be self-motivated and proactive in keeping abreast of the latest technologies and industry trends to improve products and services.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to and define technical roadmaps, strategies and architectural decisions.
- Take business requirements and translate them into technical specifications that are well documented, implementable and maintainable.
- Act as key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders for all queries relating to back end development of products and services.
- Ensure development takes into account all aspects of product requirements including data quality, customer experience, architecture and security.
- Lead and provide ongoing advice and guidance to the Front End and Mobile Development team to continually improve and drive performance.
- Ensure team members have a clear understanding of tasks they are assigned and drive the ongoing progression of these tasks to meet agreed deadlines.
- Undertake formal reviews with team members in accordance with the Company’s bi-annual PDR process; devise clear goals and identify/support any areas of development.
- Manage day-to-day team project delivery including identification and engagement of third parties where applicable.
- In conjunction with the Back End Development Team Lead, manage out of hours cover; orchestrate response around high severity incidents, manage communication to senior management, maintain rotas and on-call payments.
- Take a lead role in resourcing (including interviews and technical test preparation) and the on boarding of new team members.
- Work closely with the HR team to lead and drive engagement activities with external stakeholders i.e. College/University partners to support and develop a future talent pipeline for the Development team.
- Assist in any other aspect of the work of the company as reasonably required.
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrable experience as a technical lead, with proven experience of leading, motivating and mentoring a team of Front End and Mobile developers.
- Strong evidence of team working, supporting and sharing knowledge with team members.
- A collaborative approach with the ability to interact and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Pro-active attitude and willingness to constantly refine and enhance products and services.
- A confident, ambitious and curious approach to exploiting the latest digital products and trends.
- Experience of identifying and defining the appropriate software architecture in alignment with product requirements.
- Experience of managing a full development life cycle across multiple work streams.
- Experience of working within an Agile development team creating test cases, providing estimates against requirements and achievement of sprint outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply please email a full CV & cover letter to email@example.com