HR Advisor (Maternity Cover - 12 month FTC)
Closing Date: 13 April 2018
STV is Scotland’s digital media brand delivering high quality content on air, online and on demand for consumers to access free of charge, via multiple platforms wherever and whenever they want.
STV reaches 3.5m viewers each month with first class programming and the most comprehensive local news service in the UK. STV’s digital business incorporates Scotland’s most popular commercial media website, stv.tv, home to the STV Player and comprehensive news, sport and entertainment services.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor who will thrive on the fast pace of an innovative, dynamic and commercial business. This role is for a fixed term of 12 months to provide maternity leave cover.
You will have experience of working in partnership with the business to lead and support on key strategic initiatives including facilitating change management and supporting transformation programmes.
You will be an HR generalist with experience of business change and re-organisation; able to provide HR advice and guidance across the full generalist remit including organisation design, talent management and employee engagement.
• Responsible for HR operations and employee relations in the areas of providing ongoing advice and guidance, diversity, staffing, performance management, career development, talent management, case and issue resolution, understanding and interpreting employment legislation.
• Devise and implement change management programmes that position the business for future growth.
• Contribute creatively and effectively to HR projects across the Company including employee engagement, wellbeing, performance and talent management, organisational and leadership development.
• Promote best practice, sound innovation and judgement in dealing with challenging situations.
Skills & experience:
• Demonstrable experience in a commercially focused HR environment, including a proven track record of operating as a key business interface, building and developing successful partnerships at a senior management level, including the executive team.
• Sound judgement, reasoning, communication and initiative required to identify pragmatic solutions, drive and deliver change.
• Evidence of strong interpersonal skills, customer focus and commercial acumen, including the ability to build effective business relationships and influence key stakeholders and decision makers.
• Degree qualified in a related subject and CIPD qualified preferred, including demonstrable understanding of employee relations issues and current employment law.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter (detailing salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org.