Closing Date: 20 April 2018
You will be heavily involved in the creation of automated test scripts, their execution and contribute to overall continuous improvement within the QA team. You will also be involved in manual testing when required across STV’s multiple digital platforms including iOS & Android apps, web & connected TVs.
This role would ideally suit a QA professional who has demonstrable experience of app & web automation testing and is looking to develop further in this area.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Configuration, execution & maintenance of automated test scripts across the STV digital product suite using Selenium WebDriver, Espresso, XCTest & Suitest.
- Undertake ‘hands-on’ functional and regression testing across our broad range of products and platforms ranging from Smart TV’s, set-top boxes to tablet devices and smart phones.
- Create and contribute to test plans/test scripts as necessary.
- Adhere to the test/defect management processes.
- Effectively communicate defects to the development team and work with the development team to ensure efficient resolution of these defects.
- Reviewing requirements –focussing on testability and identification of automation candidates.
- Participate in Scrum meetings (e.g. planning, daily stand up, review and retrospectives).
- Coach team members on automation skills and techniques.
- Assist in any other aspect of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
Skills & Experience:
- Recent practical experience of automation test script creation and execution.
- Experience of version control systems such as Git.
- Demonstrable experience of testing mobile apps and web applications – across multiple browsers & platforms (iOS & Android) is essential.
- Practical knowledge of Agile development test design methodologies and techniques desired.
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently whilst ensuring quality of testing at all times.
- ISTQB certification or equivalent agile based testing certification is desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable passion for technology and ensuring consistency of quality in every development project.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.