Front End & Mobile Development Team Lead
Closing Date: 20 April 2018
Reporting to the Head of Product Delivery/Scrum Master, you will be responsible for managing a team of Front End and Mobile Developers providing technical and team leadership to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget. You will be self-motivated and proactive in keeping abreast of the latest technologies and industry trends to improve products and services.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to and define technical roadmaps, strategies and architectural decisions.
- Take business requirements and translate them into technical specifications that are well documented, implementable and maintainable.
- Act as key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders for all queries relating to technical development of products and services.
- Ensure development takes into account all aspects of product requirements including data quality, customer experience, architecture and security.
- Lead and provide ongoing advice and guidance to the Front End and Mobile Development team to continually improve and drive performance.
- Ensure team members have a clear understanding of tasks they are assigned and drive the ongoing progression of these tasks to meet agreed deadlines.
- Undertake formal reviews with team members in accordance with the Company’s bi-annual PDR process; devise clear goals and identify/support any areas of development.
- Manage day-to-day team project delivery including identification and engagement of third parties where applicable.
- In conjunction with the Back End Development Team Lead, manage out of hours cover; orchestrate response around high severity incidents, manage communication to senior management, maintain rotas and on-call payments.
- Take a lead role in resourcing (including interviews and technical test preparation) and the on boarding of new team members.
- Work closely with the HR team to lead and drive engagement activities with external stakeholders i.e. College/University partners to support and develop a future talent pipeline for the Development team.
- Assist in any other aspect of the work of the company as reasonably required.
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrable experience as a technical lead, with proven experience of leading, motivating and mentoring a team of Front End and Mobile developers.
- Strong evidence of team working, supporting and sharing knowledge with team members.
- A collaborative approach with the ability to interact and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Pro-active attitude and willingness to constantly refine and enhance products and services.
- A confident, ambitious and curious approach to exploiting the latest digital products and trends.
- Experience of identifying and defining the appropriate software architecture in alignment with product requirements.
- Experience of managing a full development life cycle across multiple work streams.
- Experience of working within an Agile development team and closely collaborating with Scrum Masters and Product Owners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.