Closing Date: 20 April 2018
Reporting to the Front End & Mobile Development Team Lead, you will be responsible for providing technical guidance and expertise to help ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget. You will be self-motivated with a product mindset, and proactive in keeping abreast of the latest technologies and industry trends to improve products and services.
Collaborate with other Lead Developers and the Front End & Mobile Development Team Lead to:
- Contribute to defining technical roadmaps, strategies and architectural decisions.
- Help with translation of business requirements into technical specifications.
- Introduce and encourage good software practices.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and take responsibility for implementation where appropriate.
- Ensure regular communication with team around important updates and changes.
- Provide line management to other web developers, ensuring they have a pathway for continuous professional development via bi-annual PDR process.
- Play a significant role in hiring of new front end staff, shortlisting and interviewing candidates and ultimately the on boarding of new team members.
- Knowledge of Front-end build tools (Webpack, Gulp, npm scripts etc.)
- Experience of unit testing and end-to-end browser testing
Skills & experience:
- A collaborative approach with proven ability to interact and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- A confident, ambitious and curious approach to exploiting the latest digital products and trends.
- Experience of identifying and defining the appropriate software architecture and tools in alignment with product requirements.
- Experience in an Agile development team, and working closely with Scrum Master and Product Owners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Early applications are encouraged and due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.