Closing Date: 27 April 2018
STV is Scotland’s digital media brand delivering high quality content on air, online and on demand for consumers to access free of charge, via multiple platforms wherever and whenever they want. STV reaches 3.5m viewers each month with first class programming and the most comprehensive local news service in the UK. STV’s digital business incorporates Scotland’s most popular commercial media website, stv.tv, the STV Player and comprehensive news, sport and entertainment services.
In order to support the continued growth of our digital products and services we are recruiting for an experienced Business Analyst to assist with the identification and documentation of key business requirements for the smooth running of critical operations and projects.
The successful candidate will work in partnership with the digital team and its suppliers to support the identification of technical solutions to business problems. They will specifically lead the document of business processes and the analysis of suppliers’ products’ technical specification documents and closely support the definition, documentation and prioritisation of business requirements.
● Identify and document core functional and non-functional requirements.
● Design, document and maintain system processes “as they are” and “how they should be.”
● Translate business requirements into technical specs, working with the Product Development team to issue implementation recommendation.
● Support quality assurance as part of “in-life” product management.
● Own and develop technical relationships with key suppliers, working with them to optimise and enhance our integrations and processes, and to fix revenue-impacting issues.
● Through ongoing monitoring, identify common sources of technical or process issues and issue recommendations to address them.
● From time to time, support business and technical teams in identifying root causes of revenue-impacting issues and appropriate remedies.
● Communicate key insights and findings to relative teams/departments.
Skills & experience:
● Solid background in Business/Systems Analysis is essential.
● Proven experience in eliciting business requirements.
● Ability to translate technical specifications and suppliers roadmaps into business opportunities for STV.
● Demonstrable ability to translate complex problems into clear business requirements and specifications.
● Ability to constructively challenge and question as well as actively listen to stakeholder requirements.
● Experience of 3rd party product delivery and software vendor management.
● Knowledge in generating and maintaining process documentation.
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, coupled with a demonstrable track record of successfully interacting and influencing at all levels.
● Proven ability to quickly grasp a wide variety of technical topics.
● Ability to setup and operate debugging tool (for example, Charles Proxy).
Desirable but not essential:
● Experience in SQL
● Knowledge of video Ad operations and familiarity with tag managers
● Knowledge of basic video workflows
● Knowledge of SEO mechanisms
● A degree in IT/Computer Science
Please note that due to the anticipated high volume of applications only applicants shortlisted for interview will receive further correspondence in this regard.