Closing Date: 25 January 2019
We are STV’s in house creative agency. We create advertising campaigns for STV’s products and content, and we take good care of the STV brand, ensuring everything our viewers see reinforces our strong brand identity, image and positioning.
As a Creative you’ll be responsible for developing original and unique multiplatform ad campaigns, driving audience growth and engagement. This may include output across Digital, Press, Out of Home, Radio, TV, Social Media and more. You will also provide brand support and development across all STV branded comms from company initiatives to product development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with our Marketing, Promos, Engagement and Social teams on brand/marketing projects
- to increase the value and performance of STV’s products and services.
- Develop bold, confident and effective creative ideas that speak to our viewers.
- Be an excellent problem solver, able to analyse, investigate and interpret briefs from all areas of the business.
- Oversee all aspects of the creative process including filming, editing, visual development & design, sound recording, directing etc.
- Write advertising scripts for video content, radio, and more. Write long and short form copy in STV’s tone of voice.
- Lead and contribute to creative pitches.
- Understand the benefits of a strong and consistent brand identity. Work with colleagues to help them understand too.
- Be able to balance conflicting priorities and manage own workload, meeting all appropriate deadlines.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure they fully understand the creative process, and have faith in our ability to deliver effective campaigns.
- Embrace new technologies and techniques, to raise the standard of output and enhance our audience experience.
The skills and experience we are looking for:
- Be an innovator who always strives for excellence.
- Strong copywriting and art direction skills.
- A keen eye for effective design, and a good understanding of design fundamentals.
- A developed ability for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite (Premier, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook)
- Be passionate about great advertising and marketing. Know what’s going on in the wider industry.
- First rate communication skills. You should be confident in pitching ideas to stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- A flexible can do attitude and a willingness to learn from others.
- Experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, while working across a number of different projects.
- You must enjoy TV, know your Jeremy Kyle from your Phillip Schofield, and be interested in what’s going on in the wider TV and media industry.
Would be advantageous.
- Experience in a similar role within an advertising agency or media environment.
- Understanding of BCAP/CAP, Ofcom broadcasting Codes.
- A basic understanding of After Effects.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a media or arts related discipline is desirable.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter, along with examples of your creative work or online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidate who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.