Closing Date: 25 January 2019
STV Creative are STV’s award winning internal creative agency. We create multiplatform marketing campaigns for STV, and use our unique product knowledge to help STV’s commercial clients get the best from our products.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Creative who will work with our Commercial Team to produce and deliver creative ideas and campaigns for commercial clients that make the most of STV’s commercial products – including spot advertising, sponsorship, VOD advertising, and digital.
What you’ll be doing:
- Generating smart and original creative advertising ideas, delivering results for our clients.
- Work with the producers to realise these ideas across STV’s product range, creating work to the highest standard.
- Develop a strong understanding of STV’s programmes and products, to ensure we provide the most effective solutions for our clients.
- Develop, contribute to and lead creative pitches, selling in creative strategy, big ideas and STV Creative’s credentials.
- Work across all of the creative production process including briefing, idea generation, art direction, copyrighting, directing small shoots etc
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and commercial colleagues, to ensure they fully understand the creative/production process, and have faith in our ability to deliver effective campaigns.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with freelance talent including animators, directors, designers, composers and DOPs.
- Create visual mock ups and, where required, short video reels in Adobe software (Premiere, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Balance priorities and manage own workload, meeting all appropriate deadlines.
- Embrace new technologies and creative techniques to raise the standard of output and enhance client experience.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
The skills and experience you’ll need:
- Experience in a similar role, within an advertising agency or media environment is essential.
- Strategic creative thinker with demonstrable experience of generating original campaign ideas.
- Evidence of providing creative direction, motivation and development.
- A good listener, able to understand differing clients’ challenges and work with them to develop solutions.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite (Premier, Indesign, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Passion for TV, advertising and marketing and an understanding of current ideas, principles and practices.
- Excellent communicator who inspires confidence when pitching, working with clients and commercial colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and balance changing priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work within project teams.
- A developed ability for attention to detail and accuracy and a desire to make your work the best it can be.
- An understanding of BCAP/CAP and OFCOM Broadcast Codes would be advantageous.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a media or arts related discipline is desirable.
Interested in this role? Send a one-page CV and covering letter explaining why you’re the right person to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidate who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.