Technical Support Engineer
Closing Date: 22 February 2019
- First line system level diagnostics and maintenance of IT and broadcast systems.
- Identify system faults, evaluate and ensure solutions and workflows are implemented.
- Contribute to relevant broadcast projects across the News and Current Affairs.
- Support news output across multiple platforms.
- Vision control of Studio Cameras and operation of camera robotics systems.
- Dub programme material to various formats as required
- News Production using Ross News Automation systems (where installed) within the studio galleries
- News Production and Operations using Avid Ingest and Playout systems
- Competency Directing/Vision Mixing Local News Bulletins
- Competency Sound Mixing News and Current Affairs programming where applicable
- Competency Sound Mixing Local News Bulletins
- Set up and maintain Comms feeds for remote and local lives
- Setup, modify and operate the studio talk back systems
- Setup, modify and operate studio sound systems including wired/radio mics, IEM and Foldback
- Prepare captions on a caption generator as required
- Occasional camera work as required
- Produce maps on the graphics equipment as required
- Compile a quality log of all material transmitted
- Housekeep ingest and playout server storage
- Undertake news operations work as required including news traffic operations
- Support the Technical Resource Organiser in technical issues with Dejero live systems and remote field delivery of material from Multi Media Journalists
- Support for Output (digital and social) Team in the production of video and graphics content for web and social media platforms
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required
- Relevant experience of broadcast operational disciplines gained in an operational live television gallery environment preferred
- Demonstrable understanding of the Ross Overdrive Automation system (where necessary)
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD design and documentation software.
- Ability to read, understand and create IT and Broadcast system drawings.
- Demonstrable understanding of Avid Editing, Ingest and Playout systems
- Demonstrable understanding of Avid iNews Newsroom system or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Informed interest and understanding of news and current affairs and video/audio equipment is essential
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and Internet (desktop and mobile)
- Understanding of the provision of news output across multiple platforms
- Ability to work under pressure and accurately within a live television environment
- Self motivation and strong interpersonal skills required to build productive relationships with colleagues, internal departments and external stakeholders
- Confident communication and ability to liaise effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Determination and drive to succeed and to overcome obstacles
- HNC in Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) is preferred
- HND/ Degree in Television Operations or Engineering (or equivalent) is preferred
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.
<strong 13px;"="">STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.