Strategic Development Manager
Closing Date: 29 March 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Development Manager to join our Commercial team. At STV Commercial we have been making brands famous for over 60 years. We are focused on driving the Scottish economy through the delivery of effective marketing solutions that allow brands to realise their growth ambitions. The successful candidate will fully embrace our marketing solutions and be a brand ambassador for STV.
Following the successful launch of the STV Growth Fund in 2018 we are looking for a Strategic Development Manager to engage with businesses to drive sales and revenue for STV across our STV Growth Fund offering. The Strategic Development Manager will create, nurture and grow a sales pipeline building innovative revenue models to drive commercial revenue for STV.
We are looking for a high calibre sales person with the ability to build strong collaborative relationships in addition to building innovative revenue models. If you are proactive, highly motivated with strong sales and communication skills then this could be the role for you.
In this role you will:
- Create and drive a pipeline of new business for STV Commercial.
- Establish and build relationships in wider investments ecosystem in Scotland and across the UK.
- Develop and build deals across innovative revenue models.
- Actively participate in and organise collaborative working practices.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the commercial media marketplace.
- Develop strong client relationships.
- Demonstrate understanding of individual client needs and objectives.
- Fully understand and participate in organisation across all Commercial activities.
- Assist with any other duties, as directed.
- Work to an individual and team sales target.
The skills and experience we are looking for are:
- A proven track record of delivering and surpassing sales targets.
- Determination to succeed, results driven and willingness to collaborate.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Highly motivated to deliver against targets and overcome challenges.
- Positive and proactive attitude to manage a high volume of work and conflicting priorities effectively.
- Professional, innovative, driven to succeed and achieve.
- Good knowledge of marketing principles and media revenue models.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong IT skills including Mac with Keynote in particular, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Full, clean driving licence required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent preferred but not essential.
- This role will involve some working early and late as required subject to business requirements.
For further information about STV Commercial see www.stvcommercial.tv
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.
Interested in this role? Send a full CV and covering letter to: email@example.com