Junior Management Accountant
Closing Date: 22 April 2019
STV has a new exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant/ Junior Management Accountant to join their team. The successful candidate will support the Finance Business Partner in the preparation and analysis of key financial information for both the Commercial and Digital divisions. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone currently working towards a full accountancy qualification.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Responsible for day to day accounting duties and maintenance of general ledgers to ensure integrity of information.
- Support with the preparation of accurate and timely monthly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information in line with Company timetables.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly P&L and Balance Sheet reports.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Provide various cost and analytical reports at month end for both Commercial and Digital Divisions as well as other ad hoc business reports.
- Review and record expense claims to ensure are in line with Company and HMRC guidelines.
- Assist with audit preparation work to allow for timely completion of the annual financial statements and corporation tax returns.
- Assist in production of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Preparation of regulatory monthly returns.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of month end processes.
- Demonstrable analytical skills.
- Good understanding and experience of deploying accounting principles.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to present and liaise effectively with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Positive and proactive attitude to manage a high volume of work and conflicting priorities calmly and effectively.
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency in all MS Office applications particularly MS Excel is essential and knowledge of Agresso would be beneficial.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Working towards a Finance related or Accountancy qualification.
Please note due to the high volume of applications only successful candidates shortlisted for interview will receive further correspondence in relation to this vacancy.