Senior Management Accountant
Closing Date: 22 April 2019
Skills and Experience
- Qualified or part qualified ACCA, ACA, or CIMA accountant with strong analytical and interpretative skills.
- Demonstrable relevant experience of working in a similar role in a charitable or commercial organisation would be advantageous.
- Strong working knowledge of excel, database packages and computerised accounting packages such as Agresso.
- Financial awareness and strong numeracy skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritise meet deadlines and adapt to a challenging and varied workload.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to liaise with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
- Significant experience in management accounting and reporting.
- Experience of budgeting, planning and forecasting processes
- Well organized with ability to deal with high volume of work and ability to work well to deadlines.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
Key Results Area
- Timely preparation and analysis of month end accounts and reconcile to ledger, ensuring timely reporting of all month end tasks in line with ELM timetables.
- Provide narrative around revenue and cost analysis and variances to budget, forecasts and prior year.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Audit preparation work to allow for timely completion of the annual financial statements.
- Raise client invoices and credit notes as required by the ELM team, and ensure correct tracking alongside appropriate accrual/prepayment/deferred income treatment / calculations.
- Preparation of annual Charity Accounts for audit and submission to OSCR
- Offer direction and instruction to all key stakeholders
- Review and develop operational process flows
- Ensure that the financial aspects and impact are clear to all parties
- Ensure UK Gambling Commission regulatory reporting and license conditions are met
- Assess potential areas of risk to the business and recommend plans to mitigate these risks
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
Degree qualified or equivalent in a Finance related discipline