Broadcast Operations Coordinator
Closing Date: 28 May 2019
Key results areas
- Resource scheduling and forward planning of staff roster within the Central Technical area, this will cover 3 separate business areas and rostering of approximately 20 individuals.
- Responsible for the booking of lines, liaising and co-ordinating with external and internal departments including News and Promotions.
- Demonstrate clear understanding and effective management of the operational principles surrounding rostered roles including but not limited to proper scheduling of rest breaks, annual leave and balancing of working hours across the 17 week period.
- Co-ordinate bookings with internal and external clients. Ensure that resources are booked correctly completing booking forms or using booking systems as appropriate.
- Collate all internal and external recharges if required.
- Ensure all timesheets and invoices are accurately coded and processed and that all corresponding documentation is correct.
- Liaising with other broadcasters to provide Scotland specific material e.g. PPB’s for ITV Border transmission.
- Working with the STV Player and Network Operations Centre (NOC) to provide streaming.
- Facilitating communication with the Central Technical Area department, keeping staff informed.
- Assisting and deputising for the Transmission Manager if required.
- Working with the PR & Communications team for CTA & Clyde for newsletters.
- Assisting the Post Production Manager as required.
- Allocation of staff for ECQ checks for Production.
- Provide administration support and arrange travel/accommodation when required.
- Assist any other aspect of work of the Company as reasonably required.
- An understanding of lines bookings is preferable.
- Relevant related experience including knowledge of programme scheduling, SNG and satellite procedures would be advantageous but not essential.
- Understanding scheduling requirements is desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of content and currency formats in addition to technical specs is desirable.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities, work accurately under pressure and meet the demands of a fast paced environment.
- Some project management experience would be beneficial.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office and ability to learn new packages including scheduling systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with the team and build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong self starter, results and solutions driven approach required.
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.