Digital Media Manager
Closing Date: 21 June 2019
As a member of the STV Player product team, the Media Manager role is essential to the smooth operation of the STV Player by ensuring the timely and accurate publishing of an ever-increasing array of content across an ever-growing number of platforms.
- Source assets for publication, for example from syndication feeds, in-house systems and STV’s Library.
- Digitise and edit content as required for publication.
- Using STV’s in-house Content Management System and various other tools:
- Oversee publication of VOD and short form content to the STV Player across all its platforms
- Create, check and update written descriptions and thumbnails for each asset
- Apply rights requirements, such as expiry dates, guidance and compliance warnings and geo-blocking
- Contribute to the STV Player editorial strategy, for example by updating the content featured on the STV Player homepage, the list of categories, content collections, etc and by working closely with the Digital and other teams
- Acting as a “first customer”, approve audio/video quality, check presence of advertising, sponsorship and subtitles and sign-off publication of each asset.
- In the event of technical failure, troubleshoot and implement escalation and back up procedures to ensure the customer experience is least affected.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
- Experience of publishing and verifying content using a Content Management System is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate absolute attention to detail and first-rate skills in accurate written English, including experience of proof-reading and/or sub-editing.
- Experience of working with video is preferred.
- Basic image editing skills using Photoshop and basic video editing, ideally using Avid, is essential.
- Problem-solving. You will be a self-starter, confident in de-bugging issues and working closely with the wider technology teams when required.
- You will be fluent in online video services, whether run by STV or equivalent suppliers.
- Knowledge of, and keen interest in, learning more about, STV’s output.
To apply please email a full CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.