Closing Date: 22 August 2019
You will be able to work well on your own and also be happy to assist the Lead Tester when required and contribute to overall continuous improvement within the team. You will be involved in development testing across STV’s multiple digital platforms including mobile, web, connected TVs & set-top boxes.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Undertake ‘hands-on’ functional and regression testing across the broad range of STV digital products and platforms ranging from Smart TV’s, set-top boxes, tablet devices and smart phones.
- Creation and execution of detailed test plans & test cases to support new product development and enhancements.
- Tackle software requirements thoroughly with in depth thinking of all possible scenarios to obtain the best test coverage possible.
- Demonstrate ability to think outside the box when creating test plans and test cases to push the boundaries of requirements in advance of work being ready to test.
- Adhere to the test/defect management processes.
- Effectively communicate defects to the development team and work with the development team to ensure efficient resolution of these defects.
- Reviewing requirements – wireframes/UI designs, focussing on testability and identification of test cases (both manual and automation candidates) and expected results.
- Participate in Scrum meetings (e.g. planning, daily stand up, review and retrospectives).
- Assist in any other aspect of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
- Demonstrable experience of testing mobile apps and web applications is essential.
- ISTQB certification or equivalent agile based testing certification is desirable.
- Educated to degree level.
- Practical knowledge of Agile development test design methodologies and techniques desired.
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently whilst ensuring quality of testing at all times.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Eagerness to learn and develop skills i.e. in test automation.
- Demonstrable passion for technology and ensuring consistency of quality in every development project.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note due to the high volume of response expected for this vacancyonly candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.