Modern Apprentice, Accounting (12 month)
Closing Date: 19 August 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for a Modern Apprentice to join us over the 2019/2020 academic year and complete an Apprenticeship in Accounting.
Working as part of the Broadcast division finance team, you will be involved in accounting for areas such as News, Current Affairs, Marketing, Creative, Insights, Broadcast Operations, Post Production, Legal and our on air programming.
In conjunction with an accredited learning provider, this is an initial 12 month Modern Apprenticeship (MA) programme offering many opportunities for career and skills development. Learning will be further developed through a combination of workplace visits and short training courses, this will entail core units such as bookkeeping transactions & controls, elements of costing, final accounts preparation and indirect tax.
What to expect
- Start Date: August/September 2019
- Attendance: Full-time employment at STV’s Pacific Quay headquarters in Glasgow.
- The course will be supplemented by an accredited learning provider and study carried out on their site once a week.
- A competitive living wage apprenticeship salary.
- A recognised qualification – AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- Valuable hands-on experience working alongside industry experts to provide guidance and career support.
Who can apply?
To apply, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Awareness and genuine interest in what we do and the role you’re applying for.
- A strong interest in Accountancy.
- Basic financial awareness and strong numerical skills
- Confident and articulate communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills to liaise effectively with colleagues, internal and external parties.
- A positive, proactive approach and use of own initiative, highly organised to manage a high volume of work, plan and deliver effectively against deadlines and challenges.
- Ability to act calmly, remain resilient and adaptable in the face of changing circumstances and conflicting priorities.
- Strong IT skills particularly excel.
- Candidates must have at least an SCQF level 5 in accounting, or Higher Accountancy at A-C, or two Highers in other academic subjects A-C.
Want to be part of it? Apply now.
Applications should be made by full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating clearly the role being applied for.
Please note, early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received; only those candidates shortlisted for interview will receive further correspondence in relation to this vacancy.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.