Technical Stores Coordinator
Closing Date: 19 August 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Stores Coordinator to join STV. This role will be responsible for overseeing the property and resources in the STV Technical Support team. The successful applicant will be an integral member of the team and will provide engineering stores and administrative support services to the STV Broadcast Technology Department and wider business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring accuracy of stock records.
- Manual handling and storage of materials, kit and components.
- Maintenance of the STV Asset Register, keeping accurate records of incoming new kit and materials and of end of life hardware.
- Engaging with and identifying suppliers/ vendors to source parts and items for repair jobs and replacement of kit.
- Cross check documents against goods to be dispatched.
- Carry out all courier processing including preparing organising transport where necessary.
- Receipt of goods check against invoice or purchasing order.
- Raising and tracking of fault logs for repair requests, ensuring jobs are delivered in timely manner.
- Provide assistance to Engineering team where appropriate with repairs, installations and technical set-up for on-site events.
- Any other task as reasonably required.
The skills and experience you’ll need:
- Demonstrable experience in Stores Management.
- Have a good understanding of the need for accurate stock readings, replenishment, daily kitting procedures, floor-stock replenishment, shortage clearing, work order allocations etc.
- Goods in and dispatch experience.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety principles is desirable.
- Kitting experience and courier process knowledge.
- Some demonstrable technical knowledge of system infrastructures such as servers, audio-visual hardware and components would be beneficial.
- Previous engineering stores experience is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written – and proven ability to positively engage with stakeholders across multiple business areas and levels is essential.
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Use of own initiative, pro-activity and drive to manage competing priorities and overcome obstacles as they arise.
- Effective planning and organisational skills, including accuracy and attention to detail.
Interested in this role? Send a one-page CV and covering letter explaining why you’re the right person to: email@example.com
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.