Subtitler (Part Time)
Closing Date: 08 October 2019
STV is dedicated to making sure its programmes are accessible to all through the provision of subtitles for deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers. We currently have an opportunity for a part time Subtitler within our team who will work on both pre-recorded and live programming.
The successful candidate will be required to work accurately and calmly and to very tight deadlines for both live and pre-recorded programming. Reporting to the Subtitling Team Leader, the main responsibilities of the position include the following:
• Production of accurate, easy-to-read subtitles.
• Proofreading own and colleagues’ work.
• Ensuring subtitles reflect the meaning and style of the programme.
• Editing script so as to produce subtitles of suitable reading speeds.
• Prioritising workload and managing time effectively.
• Maintaining departmental and company standards.
Skills and Experience
• Degree qualified or equivalent in an English related discipline is desirable.
• Excellent keyboard skills.
• Clear and confident speech.
• Strong editing and linguistic skills including excellent spelling and grammar.
• Demonstrable experience of working in a team environment.
• High level of self initiative coupled with the ability to resolve problems.
• Scrupulous attention to detail.
• The ability to prioritise/meet tight deadlines and adapt to a challenging and varied workload.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• A wide interest and knowledge of current affairs is desirable.
The successful candidate will be required to work a varied and flexible shift pattern including evenings and weekends.
Interested in this role? Please send a CV and Covering Letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidate who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.