Digital Media Manager
Closing Date: 22 October 2019
• Take organisational responsibility for on-boarding 3rd party titles to the STV Player
• Source assets for publication, for example from syndication feeds, in-house systems, STV’s archive and third-party deliveries.
• Download, digitise and edit content as required for publication.
• Using STV’s in-house Content Management System and various other tools:
o Organise 3rd party titles for the STV Player
o Oversee publication of VoD to the STV Player across all its platforms
o Create, check and update written descriptions and thumbnails for each asset
o Apply rights requirements, such as expiry dates, compliance warnings and geo-blocking
o Contribute to the STV Player editorial strategy, for example by updating the content featured on the STV Player homepage, the list of categories, content collections, etc and by working closely with the Digital and other teams
• Acting as a “first customer”, approve audio/video quality, check presence of advertising, sponsorship and subtitles and sign-off publication of each asset.
• In the event of technical failure, troubleshoot and implement escalation and back up procedures to ensure the customer experience is least affected.
• Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
Key skills and experience required:
• Experience of publishing and verifying content using a Content Management System is essential.
• Ability to demonstrate absolute attention to detail and first-rate, accurate writing skills, including experience of proof-reading and/or sub-editing.
• Experience of working with video is preferred.
• Experience and understanding of Excel and Google Sheets.
• Basic image editing skills using Photoshop and basic video editing, ideally using Avid, is essential.
• Problem-solving. You will be a self-starter, confident in de-bugging issues and working closely with the wider technology teams when required.
• You will be fluent in online video services, whether run by STV or equivalent suppliers.
• Knowledge of, and keen interest in, learning more about, STV’s output.
This position is mainly Monday – Thursday 9.00 to 17.30 and Friday 9.00 to 17.00, however occasional weekend and evening work will be required.
To apply please email a full CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org