Front End Developer
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Location: Glasgow or Dundee
STV is Scotland’s leading digital media brand. Each month, our commercial broadcast channel reaches 3.5 million viewers and the STV Player is the fastest growing Video on Demand service in the UK. This role is a unique opportunity to work on a multi-platform product that reaches a huge national audience across Scotland.
About the role
You will be working within a cross-functional team within STV Digital, delivering the STV Player across our range of supported Connected TV platforms. As a Front End Developer you will be responsible for crafting performant, accessible user interfaces to ensure that our users can enjoy the growing library of content that STV Offers, on the platform of their choice. You will work with internal stakeholders and key 3rd party suppliers to ensure that ancillary requirements are met and delivered.
Come and speak to us if you…..
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Strong evidence of team working, mentoring, supporting and sharing knowledge with team members.
- Have a consumer focused approach
- A passion for continual improvement and how to optimize for client side performance
- Experience of using Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development
- Understand and have used agile methodologies.
- Pro-active attitude and willingness to constantly refine and enhance products and services
- A confident, ambitious and curious approach to exploiting the latest digital products and trends
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.