Closing Date: 31 January 2020
Location: Glasgow or Dundee
You will be heavily involved in the creation of automated test scripts, their execution and contribute to overall continuous improvement within the QA team. You may also be involved in manual testing when required across STV’s multiple digital platforms including iOS & Android apps, web & connected TVs.
This role would ideally suit a QA professional who has demonstrable experience of app or web automation testing and is looking to develop further in this area.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Configuration, execution & maintenance of automated test scripts across the STV digital product suite.
- Coach team members on automation skills and techniques.
- Take the lead on automation to define (or refine) our approach.
- Effectively communicate defects to the development team and work with the development team to ensure efficient resolution of these defects.
- Create and contribute to test plans/test scripts as necessary.
- Undertake ‘hands-on’ functional and regression testing across our broad range of products and platforms ranging from Smart TV’s, set-top boxes to tablet devices and smart phones.
- Adhere to the test/defect management processes.
- Reviewing requirements –focussing on testability and identification of automation candidates.
- Participate in Scrum meetings (e.g. planning, daily stand up, review and retrospectives).
- Assist in any other aspect of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
- Recent practical experience of automation test script creation and execution.
- Previous experience of Selenium WebDriver, Espresso or XCTest advantageous.
- Experience of integrating test automation into continuous delivery pipelines.
- Familiar with version control systems such as Git.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience of coaching/mentoring in test automation.
- Demonstrable experience of testing mobile apps and web applications – across platforms (iOS & Android) is essential.
- BDD (Cucumber)
- Practical knowledge of Agile development test design methodologies and techniques desired.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently whilst ensuring quality of testing at all times.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable passion for technology and ensuring consistency of quality in every development project.
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.