Closing Date: 20 January 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a PR Executive to join the Communications team at STV. This role is primarily focused on delivering a brilliant PR service for STV across all main business divisions. Working closely with the Head of Communications, this includes driving the PR and press office function for:
- STV Productions (liaising with broadcasters and agencies/writing releases)
- STV Player and digital (liaising with 3rd parties, programming, managing news flow)
- STV regional programming, including news and current affairs
- STV Children’s Appeal
- Media and influencer relations/ relationship building (Scotland and UK)
- Drafting communication materials, including press releases, planning and briefing documents;
- Involvement in identifying communication priorities and plans for STV to support achievement of business objectives and strategic growth priorities;
- Working closely with the marketing team to support brand management and social media activities;
- Contributing to ad-hoc projects to support new business initiatives and projects.
- Press Cuttings
- Awards – working closely with marketing and wider business on strategy and applications
- Updating STV Corporate website and social media accounts
- Ability to write creatively and edit for a variety of media;
- Media relations experience and good relationships with Scottish press and relevant trade press;
- Ability to work with staff at all levels of the business and represent STV with external stakeholders;
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player;
- A positive and proactive attitude; the ability to respond to deadlines and handle conflicting priorities calmly and effectively, along with strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills are required;
- Degree or equivalent in a PR or Communications discipline is desirable.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.