Creative Production Assistant
Closing Date: 28 January 2020
WHAT WE’LL EXPECT YOU TO DO:
- Report in to the Head of Creative Production and assist them and Creative Producers with departmental tasks as required.
- Reversion ITV Network broadcast promos to include STV branding and voiceover, including reviewing scripts, booking and overseeing picture, sound and graphic edits and ensuring that all promos are technically compliant and delivered on time.
- Ensure that reversioned promo content works for a Scottish audience and suggest tweaks/changes to make promos as appealing and compelling as possible.
- Create social versions / cutdowns of Promos.
- Work closely with the Senior Promotions Scheduler and with ITV counterparts and systems to ensure all data is correct.
- Assist the Continuity Producer with continuity data input and with sourcing compelling clips and images to promote our content, working independently when required.
- Edit and deliver weekly Menu Promos to promote content on the STV Player.
- Update and share the weekly team Production Resources calendar.
- Maintain Dept databases, files and folders.
- Oversee the media management and archiving of promotions.
- Update promotional showreels for in house and commercial use.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
- Experience in a similar role, ideally in broadcast TV, is desirable but not mandatory.
- Demonstrable passion for advertising and marketing and an understanding of the changing media landscape and broadcast and digital platforms.
- Excellent organisational skills with highly developed attention to detail, including written presentation skills.
- A keen creative eye and the ability to critically assess content and, if required, make suggestions for ways to improve it.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, multi-task and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage fast changing flow of information and maintain up to date databases.
- An understanding of BCAP/ CAP, Ofcom broadcasting Code is desirable.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues across STV and ITV.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, dealing with challenging situations with patience and flexibility.
- Excellent PC and MAC skills with good knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages.
- Knowledge of Avid and Premiere systems is desirable.
- Full, clean driver’s licence is preferred.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a marketing, media or arts related discipline is desirable.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equality of opportunity for all. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.