Closing Date: 21 September 2021
STV, the leading commercial broadcaster in Scotland, interacts with consumers on air, online and via social media. We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Executive to join us. This role involves analysis of STV’s audience across all these platforms. You will be actively involved in interacting with key internal and external stakeholders to provide customer insight and interpretation of consumer information and trends. You will require high attention to detail in ensuring consistency in our output and the ability to present large volumes of information in a digestible and clear format. This role will provide experience in a range of research activities including various research methods and data analysis.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Work closely with a wide range of internal teams including marketing, commercial, editorial and digital to provide relevant reports and presentations.
- Interrogation and collation of research information from third party databases and presentation of this information in an engaging way.
- Ensure reports are delivered on time and to a high standard using bespoke media systems. These could range from top performing programme reports to the evaluation of advertising campaigns.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders in delivering and recommending research solutions.
- Assist in commissioning research projects across all aspects of quantitative fieldwork including selecting sampling, questionnaire design, interpretation and data analysis of quantitative results, assisting in the writing and delivering of presentations.
- Evaluate media consumption trends/behaviours and the impact of emerging technology.
- Assist in any other aspects of work of the company as reasonably required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a Business related discipline preferred but not essential.
- Excellent numerical skills with the ability to interrogate and present large volumes of data in digestible form.
- Experience of data manipulation using third party databases.
- Demonstrable experience in market research, coupled with a good working knowledge of quantitative research methodologies preferably gained within a media related environment.
- A developed understanding of marketing and the role research plays.
- Experience of designing questionnaires (preferably including web-based surveys).
- An interest in trends and changes in media consumption.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Use of own initiative, pro-activity and drive to manage a high volume of work and conflicting priorities calmly and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written.
- An advanced knowledge and application of MS Excel is desirable- eg comfortable with pivot tables and formula.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint.
To apply please send a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21 September 2021
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background.
As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.