ScotPulse Research Executive
Closing Date: 24 September 2021
ScotPulse is Scotland’s online research panel dedicated to voicing consumer opinions. Established for 10 years the online research panel has over 30,000 members and offers a full range of online quantitative services. Owned by broadcaster STV, ScotPulse is dedicated to researching Scotland’s opinions on a wide range of topical issues, products and services.
To support the continued growth of ScotPulse we have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Research Executive who will be responsible for all aspects of ScotPulse work from the initial brief through to the completion of each project. The Research Executive will report to the ScotPulse Panel Manager and work alongside the wider Insights team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating engaging quantitative surveys.
- Assisting in managing research projects from understanding and interpreting the brief, questionnaire design and scripting, selecting sampling, managing the survey while it is live, interpretation and data analysis of quantitative results, and assisting in the writing and delivering of presentations.
- Weighting of tables and ensuring quality of output.
- Delivering compelling findings, insights and recommendations from quantitative projects to clients.
- Ensuring all reporting adheres to brand guidelines.
- Building relationships with stakeholders to ensure projects are on brief, delivered on time and within budget to a high standard.
- Responding to queries from clients with accuracy, speed and clearly communicating the recommended research approach.
- Ensuring ScotPulse.com website is continually refreshed and engaging.
- Managing ScotPulse social media output.
- Assisting in raising the profile of ScotPulse across the Scottish business and research community.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
- Experience in delivering quantitative projects from initial brief to project managing and the interpretation / delivery of results is essential.
- Experience in market research or a related commercial field is essential.
- Knowledge of designing and scripting questionnaires (preferably including web-based surveys).
- Experience of scripting survey software e.g. Confirmit is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in market research and quantitative research methodologies across a wide range from creative testing, advertising awareness, brand tracking and sector focused surveys etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure, use own initiative with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent numerical skills with the ability to interrogate and present large volumes of data in digestible form.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a Business-related discipline desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge and application of MS Office products is essential, including advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint.
If you feel you have the relevant skills along with the enthusiasm for our industry and award-winning brand, we would love to hear from you. To apply please send a covering letter explaining why you think this job is for you, and full CV to email@example.com - when submitting your CV, please state where you saw the position advertised.
Closing date: 24 September 2021
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 25 days paid annual leave and 9 public holidays per annum, with the option to buy more through our Holiday Extras scheme.
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
- Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket travel loan.
- On-site occupational health service.
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
We’re happy to talk about hybrid working to help you balance work, life, and to achieve your goals in both – we’re focused on creating an inclusive working environment where colleagues can collaborate, create and thrive to deliver results and perform at their best.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled people (including neuro diversity) and those from a lower socio-economic background. We are a Disability Confident employer and are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the role.