Junior Runner Opportunities
Closing Date: 28 September 2021
STV Studios is an innovative, award winning producer, creating world class television. We work with the finest talent and are passionate about making top quality productions for an array of broadcasters – from shiny floor shows, to long running popular factual series as well as bold documentaries and compelling drama.
Our portfolio of partners – Primal Media, Barefaced TV, Two Cities and Tod Productions – have much in common: big reputations, enviable expertise and international ambition. Together, we’re STV Studios.
We have an exciting opportunity working on Catchphrase, a prime-time ITV Studio entertainment programme. Between Monday 15th and Friday 19th November we will be offering 5 successful applicants the chance to be a runner in studio getting first hand experience for a day. You will be working alongside experienced runners supporting them with their usual tasks.
The role will be based in Maidstone Studios, Kent and is a paid position.
This opportunity is only for those looking for their FIRST job in tv, therefore no experience of working in TV is required.
Responsibilities of role
· As a Runner you will be an integral member of the production team and will be involved in setting up dressing rooms, greeting guests and assisting the production and editorial teams.
· You will also be asked to go on any required runs as well as helping with general hospitality.
Essential skills and experience
· A passion for television, broadcasting and the media.
· A resilient, positive, can-do attitude.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with people from all backgrounds and ages with confidence, using tact and diplomacy.
· No academic entry required - you do not need a degree or other professional qualifications to apply
Send your CV and a short video (less than 1 minute) introducing yourself, explaining why you want this opportunity and what your ideal job in tv would be to firstname.lastname@example.org and put CATCHPHRASE RUNNER in the subject box.
Please answer the following questions in your covering email:
• Do you hold a clean driving license (not essential for all 5 positions but good for us to know)?
• Where are you based and are you able to get to Maidstone Studios?
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background. We are a Disability Confident employer and are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the role.