Closing Date: 24 September 2021
STV is Scotland’s home of news, entertainment, and drama, serving audiences with quality content on air, online and on demand. STV’s broadcast channel reaches 3.2 million viewers each month, while STV Player, the UK’s fastest-growing broadcaster streaming service, is now pre-installed in three quarters of the UK’s connected TV homes. Multi-genre production company STV Studios - one of the UK’s leading content businesses - has an impressive track-record of success across a wide range of broadcasters, with productions including BAFTA-winning Elizabeth Is Missing and The Victim, and much-loved returning series Celebrity Catchphrase and Antiques Road Trip.
This Team Assistant opportunity will report to the Managing Director for our Broadcast division and support the wider Management team within Broadcast providing comprehensive Team Assistant support across the below key responsibilities:
- Manage and co-ordinate the diaries of MD, Broadcast and Management team, prioritising appointments as appropriate.
- Act as an efficient first point of contact for the MD, Broadcast and Broadcast Management Team, dealing with all telephone and email enquiries, appointment booking (including internal and external) and meeting co-ordination.
- Organise meetings and video/conference calls, take phone calls, take meeting minutes, manage paper based and digital files and handle correspondence in a professional manner.
- Coordinate, prepare agendas/information for meetings including the monthly board meetings.
- Co-ordinate travel and accommodation requirements for MD, Broadcast and wider team and visitors, as required, in line with Company policy.
- Collate and finalise materials for meetings and ensure the MD, Broadcast and Broadcast Management Team are fully briefed ahead of time of meeting content, information required etc.
- Coordinate regular and ad hoc meetings with external parties including pension schemes and advisors and stakeholders including Ofcom, ITV, Scottish and UK parliamentarians.
- Produce high quality typewritten materials, draft and write letters/emails, reports, agendas, minutes and PowerPoint presentations as required.
- Assist with completion of formal submissions to Ofcom, Scottish and UK Governments et al.
- Manage and update databases to record STV Appeal grants and issuing grant letters to relevant Charities.
- Support STV Appeal team with fundraising administration and team events.
- Assist in any other aspect of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
Skills and Experience
- Proven depth of experience in a Team Assistant role handling sensitive and confidential information with discretion is essential.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to build productive relationships across the business and liaise effectively with internal and external clients of all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrable pro-active, flexible can-do attitude is essential.
- Attention to detail, the ability to prioritise/meet tight deadlines and adapt to a challenging and varied workload whilst maintaining a calm and professional approach.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency in all Microsoft Office 365 packages, internet usage, tele-conferencing and ability to extract and organise data from online and electronic sources.
- The ability to use shorthand is a desirable skill.
To apply please email a full CV & cover letter to email@example.com
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled people (including neuro diversity) and those from a lower socio-economic background. We are a Disability Confident employer and are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the role.