Digital Media Manager
Closing Date: 03 December 2021
As a member of the STV Player Content Team, the Media Manager role is essential to the smooth operation of the STV Player by ensuring the timely and accurate publishing of an ever-increasing array of content across an ever-growing number of platforms.
- Source assets for publication, for example from syndication feeds, in-house systems and STV’s Library.
- Digitise and edit content as required for publication.
- Using STV’s in-house Content Management System and various other tools:
- Oversee publication of VOD and short form content to the STV Player across all its platforms
- Create, check and update written descriptions and thumbnails for each asset
- Apply rights requirements, such as expiry dates, guidance and compliance warnings and geo-blocking
- Contribute to the STV Player editorial strategy, for example by updating the content featured on the STV Player homepage, the list of categories, content collections, etc and by working closely with the Digital and other teams
- Acting as a “first customer”, approve audio/video quality, check presence of advertising, sponsorship and subtitles and sign-off publication of each asset.
- In the event of technical failure, troubleshoot and implement escalation and back up procedures to ensure the customer experience is least affected.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
- Experience of publishing and verifying content using a Content Management System is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in writing and experience of proof-reading and/or sub-editing.
- Experience of working with video is preferred.
- Basic image editing skills using Photoshop and basic video editing, ideally using Avid, is essential.
- You will be a self-starter, confident in de-bugging issues and working closely with the wider technology teams when required.
- An understanfing of online video services, whether run by STV or equivalent suppliers is preferred.
- Knowledge of, and keen interest in, learning more about STV’s output.
To apply please send a covering letter and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - please confirm in your cover letter where you saw the advert.
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 25 days paid annual leave and 9 public holidays per annum, with the option to buy more through our Holiday Extras scheme.
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
- Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket travel loan.
- On-site occupational health service.
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
Closing date: 03 December 2021
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background. As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.