Closing Date: 24 May 2022
Location: Glasgow / Hybrid
You will be able to work well on your own and also be happy to assist the Lead Tester when required and contribute to overall continuous improvement within the team. You will be involved in development testing across STV’s multiple digital platforms including mobile, web, connected TVs & set-top boxes.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Undertake ‘hands-on’ functional and regression testing across the broad range of STV digital products and platforms ranging from Smart TV’s, set-top boxes, tablet devices and smart phones.
- Creation and execution of detailed test plans & test cases to support new product development and enhancements.
- Tackle software requirements thoroughly with in depth thinking of all possible scenarios to obtain the best test coverage possible.
- Demonstrate ability to think outside the box when creating test plans and test cases to push the boundaries of requirements in advance of work being ready to test.
- Adhere to the test/defect management processes
- Effectively communicate defects to the development team and work with the development team to ensure efficient resolution of these defects.
- Reviewing requirements – wireframes/UI designs, focussing on testability and identification of test cases (both manual and automation candidates) and expected results.
- Participate in Scrum meetings (e.g. planning, daily stand up, review and retrospectives).
- Assist in any other aspect of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of testing mobile apps and web applications is essential.
- ISTQB certification or equivalent agile based testing certification is desirable.
- Educated to degree level.
- Practical knowledge of Agile development test design methodologies and techniques desired.
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently whilst ensuring quality of testing at all times.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Test automation experience/skills is desirable.
- Eagerness to learn and develop skills i.e. in test automation.
- Demonstrable passion for technology and ensuring consistency of quality in every development project.
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 25 days paid annual leave and 9 public holidays per annum, with the option to buy more through our Holiday Extras scheme.
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
- Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket travel loan.
- On-site occupational health service.
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from ethnically diverse backgrounds, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background. As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.