Production Journalist, Presenting
Closing Date: 14 August 2022
STV News is vibrant and diverse and is looking for a journalist to join our talented team producing and presenting news bulletins.
We put diversity at the heart of our thinking and practice and our output reflects modern Scotland and the lives of our diverse audience. As such, we welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We place real people at the heart of all our stories and our reporters, producers and presenters are key in bringing those stories to our audiences.
You will be naturally inquisitive and be bursting with ideas, contacts and questions. You’ll be expected to edit and write, creating our TV bulletins, copy for our website and digital video for our social channels.
You’ll be working on breaking news stories, speaking to some of the biggest names in the country and be at the heart of some of the most significant moments in Scottish life.
You’ll be producing both compelling broadcast material and engaging online content, with strong storytelling at the heart of your work. You will need the confidence to take your ideas through to transmission and publication.
Our ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of the news and current affairs agenda and the social, cultural and political trends shaping Scotland in 2022 and beyond.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Scotland’s leading news team and to help serve our audiences with engaging, accessible and trusted journalism on broadcast and online.
- Provide creative editorial input to the running order of bulletins.
- Produce articles and other content to agreed standards for digital publication.
- Generate ideas for stories/features and follow leads from a variety of sources.
- Preparation of scripts for packages and bulletins which adhere to legal guidelines
Skills & Experience:
- Journalism experience, ideally within a broadcast environment.
- Experience of live on-screen presenting is desirable
- A detailed knowledge of the Scottish news agenda and the law as it affects Scotland.
- Experience of producing content for multiple platforms.
- An original approach to journalism with the confidence to develop innovative new ways of covering the news agenda.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm, resilient, and adaptable in a dynamic live news environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills to liaise effectively with colleagues, internal and external clients at all levels.
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 25 days paid annual leave and 9 public holidays per annum.
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
- Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket travel loan.
- On-site occupational health service.
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
To apply please email a full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 14 August 2022
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from ethnically diverse backgrounds, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background. As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.