Multi Media Journalist
Closing Date: 09 June 2021
This position within STV News lies at the heart of a fully-integrated news service. Our team of Multi-media Journalists are present across STV’s newsrooms and play a key role in broadcast and digital and social news output.If you feel you have the relevant skills along with the enthusiasm for our industry and award winning brand, we would love to hear from you. To apply please send a covering letter explaining why you think this job is for you, and full CV to email@example.com - when submitting your CV, please state where you saw the position advertised.
Skills and Experience
- The Multi-media Journalist will generate stories and cover them for all platforms. You will regularly shoot and edit content and send back to newsrooms from location, contribute video and text to STV News’ digital output.
- Break stories across all platforms.
- On the day production, editing and media management of original video content for STV News on all platforms.
- Pre-planning and initiating ideas for stories.
- Self-shooting quality video and stills for broadcast and digital output on a variety of devices.
- Undertake presenting duties and the production of output as required.
- Assist in live programming/streaming, reporting live as required.
- Help drive traffic to and from social media in conversation with audiences on all platforms.
Skills and Experience
- First-class journalist with a passion for news and an ability to work to deadlines across a range of media platforms.
- Strong and original editorial sense and ability to research and generate content with a keen understanding of what makes a story for STV News
- Ability to engage with audiences using social and digital media.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write compelling copy for on-line use to write accurately, grammatically and with attention to detail
- Experience of producing longer form broadcast and online packages and content.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills to liaise effectively with colleagues, internal and external contacts at all levels.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the Scottish news agenda and an affinity with the STV audience.
- A sound knowledge of the law in Scotland as it affects journalism.
- A clear commitment to the principles of multi-skilling and to an integrated approach to news output.
- Desk-top editing: preferably knowledge of Avid Newscutter/Media Composer editing systems or similar.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of working with CMS and video-publishing systems desirable.
Closing date: 04 June 2021
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled people (including neuro diversity) and those from a lower socio-economic background. We are a Disability Confident employer and are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the role.