Self Shooting Producer Director
Closing Date: 6 August 2021
Our portfolio of partners – Primal media, Barefaced TV, Two Cities and Tod Productions – have much in common: big reputations, enviable expertise and international ambition. Together, we’re STV Studios.
STV Studios’ Factual department is well known for producing hugely successful programming such as Antiques Road Trip for BBC1, Celebrity Antiques Road Trip for the BBC2, The Yorkshire Auction House for Discovery+/Really, Inside Central Station for BBC Scotland and hard hitting documentaries such as Is Covid Racist?, Dunblane: Our Story and Fire in The Night.
We have a Self Shooting Producer Director opportunity available for 3 months. You will hold significant experience of self-shooting and have a passion for creating compelling, entertaining, and engaging content. This is a formatted ob-doc series; you need to put contributors at ease, direct key talent and be conscious of hitting format beats. You’ll need a good eye too – confident with a slider or mini-jib and an ability to shoot GVs that will make the local tourist board go giddy.
- To produce distinctive content
- Support the Production Manager to ensure maximum productivity and content is delivered to budget
- Work closely with presenters to ensure they are properly briefed and involved in the editorial process, including scripting, as required
- Seek improvements in content production to develop further efficiencies in working practices.
- Build effective relationships with other departments, suppliers and partners (internal & external) to ensure STV Studios establishes and maintains positive working relationships and profile
- Develop and manage positive working relationships with staff, contributors and talent and be able to give constructive feedback
The Ideal Candidate
- Substantial experience of self-shooting
- A skilled camera operator with the ability to visually drive content development, both in terms of visual quality, style and structure
- Strong understanding of the importance of ensuring accuracy and impartiality of content
- Excellent editorial judgement and knowledge of the target audience, their needs and expectations
- Experience of influencing, negotiating and communicating effectively both internally and with external agencies/partners
- Ability to establish effective short and long term relationships with a wide range of people, contributors, talent, partners and agencies
- Highly developed planning and organising skills
- Sound editorial judgement and a thorough knowledge of editorial and legal guidelines
- Have held a full UK driving licence for one year.
- Send your CV and cover letter as one document to email@example.com
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background. We are a Disability Confident employer and are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the role.