Under UK law, STV Group plc is legally obliged to make its share register available to the public. This means some shareholders may receive unsolicited contact.
Shareholders are advised to be very cautious about any unsolicited phone calls or correspondence about investment matters, such as advice, offers to buy shares at a discount or offers of free company reports.
Advice on protecting your STV Group plc shares:
- Ensure your share certificates are kept in a safe place or hold your shares electronically in CREST via a nominee.
- Keep all correspondence from Link Group in a safe place or destroy correspondence by shredding.
- If you change address, register your new address online at www.signalshares.com or write and advise Link Group. If you receive a letter from Link Group regarding a change of address and you have not moved, contact Link Group immediately.
- If you change your bank or building society account, register your new mandate details online at www.signalshares.com or write and advise Link Group of the new details and respond to any letters Link Group send you about this. If you receive a letter from Link Group regarding a change of mandate and you have not changed your bank details, contact Link Group immediately.
- If you are buying or selling shares only deal with brokers registered in your country of residence or the UK.
If you receive any unsolicited investment advice:
- Make sure you get the correct name of the person and organisation.
- Check that they are properly authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority before by visiting the FCA website.
- If you have any doubts, call the FCA consumer helpline on 0800 111 6768.
- To report the matter call the FCA consumer helpline on 0800 111 6768 or complete the share fraud reporting form on the FCA website.
It is very unlikely that an authorised firm that you have no relationship with would contact you out of the blue offering to buy or sell shares or offer other investment opportunities.
If you deal with an unauthorised firm, you will not be eligible to receive payment under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Shareholders wishing to limit unsolicited mail relating to your shareholding should contact the Mailing Preference Service, FREEPOST 29 LON20771, London W1E 0ZT.
Shareholders can also register online at http://www.mpsonline.org.uk or request an application form by calling from within the UK: 0845 703 4599 or by email to email@example.com.